Two ways to fix your VW Routan UConnect Radio Joybox Disk-Image Joybox Hard Drive
The hard drive in your VW Routan "Joybox" is the same as used in a Chrysler "MyGig". If you have a Joybox problem, its most likely caused by a corrupt or failing hard drive. Two Owner-Installed repairs below.
$48 (Download a full
backup of your OEM drive)
If you have file corruption on a mechanically good hard drive, you can download and apply a Disk-Image to restore it to its original configuration.
Plug'N Play Hard Drive
$138 (including Priority Mail in USA)
If your drive is failing or if you prefer to avoid the computer work, you can order a new fully configured drive for your specific Joybox model.
Select your model on the menu above.
Check your model (RER, REZ etc) by the AUX jack on your radio. HDD configuration is unique for each model.
Check your system against the 15 point list below. Navigation, Music and Uconnect depend on 3 separate partitions on the hard drive. If you have problems with multiple features, such as Navigation and Music, you probably have a failing hard drive. Also see Customer Stories for their descriptions of problems they fixed with MyGig Disk Recovery options.
RBZ and RHB owners should refer to the Disk Problem List on the RBZ & RHB pages (tabs above) - this list does not apply to RBZ and RHB.
- No Disk space in System Information
- Navigation: Database not found
- Gracenote: N/A in System Information
- Stuck on "Navigation is being Activated"
- A Navigation feature stops working
- HDD Music Menu - No music found
- Music titles listed as "Track 1" etc
- Music upload and playback problems
- Emergency-Update crashes
- Joybox software update crashes
- U-Connect or Voice Commands don't work
- Bluetooth Phone pairing not available
- System freezes or reboots randomly
- Intermittent start-up delay or crash
- Reboot-Loop - see test before ordering
Don't "brick" your Joybox. Its tempting but risky to run a software update when there is a problem caused by your hard drive. . . more
If your system is constantly rebooting, check this System-Test before ordering a new Joybox Hard Drive or Disk-Image.
Our Routan UConnect and Nav weren't working. Nav was saying "no database connected". We ordered a new RER hard drive on Tuesday, and now on Thursday we're all set. It works great, actually better than before (faster boot up).Webster Groves, Missouri USA
The MyGig Update crashed before it finished and my system booted into the Emergency Update screen. Only after installing the disk image, would it let me start over with the Update CD. When finished, it worked. Thanks a MILLION! Sarasota, Florida USA. . . . . More Customer Stories
Our best Customers, world-wide
VW Routan Owners Mobile Audio Shops Specialty Vehicle Dealers
"MyGig" and "UConnect" are registered trademarks of FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES (FCA). MyGig-Disk.com is not affiliated with FCA.
The MyGig Disk-Image and the MyGig Replacement Hard Drive are each system recovery media to restore a licensed MyGig system to its original configuration. These system repair items do not distribute unauthorized upgrades or distribute software to unlicensed devices.
- The Joybox Operating System and Applications reside in flash memory as firmware on Joybox systems and are not distributed on hard drives or disk images offered on this site.
- Gracenote updates have been applied to recovery media for Joybox 430, 430N and 730N to restore service on a Gracenote licensed device.
- Map updates have not been applied to recovery media for Joybox 730N navigation models as they must be acquired under a paid licensing arrangement between the VW Routan owner and the map distributor.
- Map updates have not been applied to hard drive recovery media for Joybox 430N (RHB) as maps reside in flash memory as firmware.