Select the model of your MyGig 430, 430N or 730N Navigation / Media Center
Two ways to fix your MyGig Hard Drive problem MyGig Disk-Image Mygig Hard Drive
$38 (A Full Backup
of your Original Hard Drive)
Download and apply a Disk-Image to your current hard drive to restore it to its original configuration. If that doesn't work because the drive is failing, apply a Disk-Image to a new 2.5" IDE hard drive that you provide.
MyGig Hard Drive
$138 (including Priority Mail in USA)
With less effort you can get the same results with a brand new hard drive configured for your specific MyGig model and delivered by Priority Mail. Removing and replacing the hard drive in your vehicle is easy. If its your first time, plan on 1 hour.
Check the MyGig model letters (RER, etc) by the AUX jack on your system. A MyGig Disk-Image or Hard Drive must be ordered for your specific model. Select your MyGig model on the tabs above.
Navigation, Music and U-Connect features all depend on the hard drive. The problems below are almost always caused by data corruption and/or a failing hard drive. Also see Customer Stories for their descriptions of problems they fixed with MYGIG-DISK.COM do-it-yourself repairs.
RBZ and RHB owners should refer to the Disk Problem List on the RBZ & RHB pages (tabs above) - this list does not apply to RBZ and RHB.
- No Disk space in System Information
- Navigation: Database not found
- Gracenote: N/A in System Information
- Stuck on "Navigation is being Activated"
- A Navigation feature stops working
- HDD Music Menu - No music found
- Music titles listed as "Track 1" etc
- Music upload and playback problems
- Emergency-Update crashes
- MyGig software update crashes
Don't "brick" your MyGig. Its tempting but risky to run a MyGig update when there is a problem caused by your hard drive. . . more
If your system is rebooting, freezing or crashing, check this System-Test before ordering a new MyGig Hard Drive or Disk-Image.
My 730N RER system displayed available disk space, navigation worked, played music but it wouldn't upload music from a USB drive or a CD. I installed the disk image on a spare notebook drive and now everything works great. Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin USA
The MyGig Update crashed before it finished and my system booted into the Emergency Update screen. Only after installing the disk image, would it let me start over with the Update CD. When finished, it worked. Thanks a MILLION! Sarasota, Florida USA. . . . . More Customer Stories
Our best Customers, world-wide
MyGig Owners Mobile Audio Shops Specialty Vehicle Dealers
MyGig-Disk.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group LLC. "MyGig" is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC, a subsidiary of FIAT.
The MyGig Disk-Image or a replacement hard drive are each recovery media to restore a licensed MyGig system to its original configuration. These items do not distribute unauthorized upgrades or distribute software to unlicensed devices.
- The MyGig Operating System and MyGig Applications reside in flash memory as firmware on MyGig systems and are not distributed on hard drives or disk images offered on this site.
- Gracenote updates have been applied to recovery media for MyGig 430, 430N and 730N to restore service on a Gracenote licensed device.
- Map updates have not been applied to recovery media for MyGig 730N navigation models as they must be acquired under a paid licensing arrangement between the MyGig system owner and the map distributor.
- Map updates have not been applied to hard drive recovery media for MyGig 430N (RHB) as maps reside in flash memory as firmware.