These could be HDD or System Problems - Run The Test
- constant or random reboot
- or crashing or freezing
- or just won't start up ?
Usually a Hard Drive Problem - Try a new Hard Drive
- Gracenotes N/A
- Hard Disc 0GB
- Music Upload and Playback problems
- Diagnostic Tests are not available
(On RHB Systems, Navigation features work without the hard drive)
Healthy MyGig RHB systems will startup and run Navigation and Radio (AM / FM / Sirius) without a hard drive. If your MyGig system constantly restarts, crashes, freezes or just won't start up with its hard drive connected, but will start up and run Navigation and Radio features normally with the drive disconnected, you can be fairly certain your hard drive is the problem.
This provides an easy test to determine if your hard drive is causing the problem, or if its some other internal system fault.
To perform this test, create temporary support for your MyGig just below the opening in the dashboard like shown in the photo below. 2 big folded beach towels is enough for this Jeep Grand Cherokee. This will allow you to complete this test without disconnecting all the cables from the back of your MyGig or without sliding the MyGig head in and out of your dashboard for each phase of the test.
Now What ?
- If the hard drive proves to be the cause of the Reboot, Freezing or Crashing, you need to replace your hard drive to get your system back to its original working configuration. Select your MyGig model on the tab-menu above.
- If your system has the same problem with the hard drive removed, there is probably no do-it-yourself solution. The unit will have to be exchanged through your car dealer or repaired by a Navigation System Repair company.